Privacy & Policy
Smart Cocoon Privacy & Policy
2. What personal information do we collect
- Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual, other than certain business contact information. When you register for an account on a Site, we may collect the following information that allows us to identify you ("Personal Information"):
- E-mail address
- Zip/Postal Code
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Credit card number
- Billing address
- User Name
- Information Collected from Our Partners. We may partner with our third party resellers to receive information about you, such as name and contact information. This helps us to fulfill your service requests and/or to provide you with services that may be of interest to you.
3. Collection, use and disclosure of your personal information
Smart Cocoon may wish to use the personal information you provide to communicate with you for the purpose of offering you other products and services or allowing select organizations to offer you other products and services. These offers may be sent to you by mail, fax or electronically, including by email, text or sound messages, or by telephone by way of an Automatic Dialing Announcing Device at the telephone number you have provided to Smart Cocoon.
The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for such marketing purposes is entirely optional and not required as a condition of doing business with us. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Because of distribution schedules, you may continue to receive marketing communications for a short period of time while your request is processed. If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact the SmartCocoon Office.
Smart Cocoon has adopted security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, loss or theft.
Smart Cocoon limits access to personal information in its possession to those Smart Cocoon associates and sub-contractors who need to know such personal information to provide you with the goods and services for which the information was collected.
Smart Cocoon keeps your personal information only for as long as necessary to accomplish the identified purpose(s), and then securely destroys such information.
- Beacons is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter
- Local Shared Objects Local shared objects (or Flash cookies) are pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user’s computer or device. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use local shared objects. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local shared objects. In addition, you may manage Flash cookies by clicking here.
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, services and products, tracking users’ movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- "Do Not Track" Technology: Some newer web browsers have a "Do Not Track" preference that transmits a "Do Not Track" header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals.
- Third-Party Advertising Services: We partner with third parties that may use technologies such as cookies (and local stored objects as described above) to gather information about your activities on the Sites and elsewhere on the Internet in order to provide you with relevant advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. This type of advertising is sometimes called interest-based advertising. No personally-identifiable information is collected or used in this process. If you wish to not have this information collected and used for interest-based advertising, you may opt-out by clicking here for partners that participate in the TRUSTe opt-out tool.
6. Other information
Collected data from our devices and mobile applications
We may be collecting temperature and/or vibration data through sensors on our devices to further improve the efficiency of our device operations and specific to our customers’ environment. This data is transmitted security over the internet back to our backend and cloud infrastructure and does not included any personal data related to the customers’ identity.
For security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any information you send to us electronically. The encryption process protects your information by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once the website receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We may disclose personal information obtained through this website in order to co-operate with local, provincial, national and international authorities investigating improper or unlawful activities or to report improper or unlawful user activities on this website.
200 Edgeley Blvd, Unit 31
Concord, Ontario, L4K 3Y8